Independent Status Reports (30 May, 2004)
By Brian King
Included now in the reports is information on what Mozilla Application (Mozilla, Firefox, Thunderbird ...) the
extension runs on, and what platforms it runs on. This should increase the value to readers and potential users who now don't
need to go looking for this information.
The Mozilla Links Newsletter is now moving to a monthly publication, so you will probably only be seeing Status Reports at the same frequency.
Enjoy this latest set!
Checky - v2.1
(Resource Validation and Analysis Extension for Mozilla and Firefox)
For: Firefox and Mozilla
Easy to use Interface to many different free and commercial Online Validation and Analysis Services.
- Validate and analyse HTML, XHTML, CSS, RDF, RSS, XML, WAI, Section 508, P3P, Hyperlinks, Metadata and many more
- Validate resources from your local hard drive
- Validate resources from intranet locations (e.g. http://localhost/index.html)
- Validate dynamic PHP, Perl, CGI, Java, ASP, ColdFusion, C# resources (e.g. *.jsp, *.php, *.cgi, *.do, *.pl) during development
- Easy configuration
- Combine Services with Checky Agent and start all together with Ctrl + Shift + A
- iew results in new Window or Tab
- Context Menu
- Tools Menu
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- English and German user interface
MozillaBook - v 0.2.1
(A Users Guide for Mozilla)
For: Mozilla and Mozilla-derived projects
After a long hiatus while in school, I got tired of studying for finals, and made some edits:
Changes from previous
- Couple small bug and formatting fixes
- Added version number to title page
- Reworked the profile migration section
Please get in touch if you have suggestions or find problems
Mozilla Archive Format - v0.2.18
(Save complete web pages in a single archive)
Platform: Windows, Linux
In this release several features have been added.
Future plans include optimizing the MHT decoding, the ability to refresh archive contents, saving non-html content to an archive, URL rewriting for links to pages in archives and saving additional meta-data such as page history, text zoom and scroll position.
- MHT Read support (95% compatible I estimate)
- Installer now also installs scripts and external apps
- Multiple complete pages can be stored in a single archive with original url stored in meta-data
Enigmail - v0.84.0
(OpenPGP encryption for emails)
For: Mozilla and Thunderbird
Platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD
Enigmail 0.84.0 for Thunderbird 0.6 and Mozilla 1.7 was released on May 7.
- Enhanced rules for setting encryption and signing defaults per individual recipient
- New editor for per-recipient rules
MozManual - Final 1.0, Web Version 0.7, Dutch Version 0.5
(Introduction to Mozilla - A Manual for First Time Users; a brief overview and feature guide).
Platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OSX
- Web (HTML) version of the manual now available; this can be used as an online tutorial/introduction to Mozilla.
- Content is complete - now checking for errors and omissions.
- Dutch version (Nederlands, Version 0.5): Updated draft preview of the Mozilla Manual is now available.
(Resources for working with Mozilla technologies in Borland Delphi and Kylix)
Platform: Windows, Linux
The GeckoBrowser framework code has been updated for Mozilla ActiveX Control v1.7t1 (beta). The accompanying articles will be updated soon.
- JS Bridge fully supports Unicode characters
- JS Bridge FreePascal compatible (requires a 1.9.x compiler)
- New sidebar keeps you up to date with project
- Lots of bugs squashed
(Display WML — Wireless Markup Language — content in Mozilla)
For: Mozilla, Firefox
Version 0.6.2 of wmlbrowser is released. This fixes lots of bugs with form submission, and, behind the scenes, adds compatibility with Mozilla 1.8 alpha, and the new extension mechanism in the Firefox nightly builds leading up to 0.9.
It would be great to hear from anyone who feels they could design an icon for wmlbrowser.
Firefox Help - v1.1
(Mozilla Help Viewer for Firefox)
For: Firefox, Thunderbird
Firefox Help project has gone through a lot of improvements and organization changes.
The Firefox Web site has moved to mozilla.org, where information will be held from now on. We also posted some new documentation, such as a new Help Viewer style guide.
Help Viewer developer meeting was held, which Firefox Help was a main topic discussed. You can find information about the topics and decisions made by the meeting by seeing the Meeting Summary
The Firefox Development team would like to announce a new member, Jeff Walden to the team. Jeff has done HUGE product tweaks and enhancements and we are happy to see him on the team!
Firefox Help 1.1 has been released and checked into the latest Firefox nightly builds. This new version contains the following improvements:
- Shrunk the size of the Help Viewer by using the Chrome Preprocessor for comments.
- Added a new Toolbar Customization button.
- Source code changes include ability to compile without Firefox help content.
- Updated documentation to the latest changes in Firefox 0.9, including new Download Manager documentation.
Some new features currently planned for Firefox Help 2.0:
- Add support for DocBook. (bug 5638)
- Add a
XUL button that can load a help topic (but display nothing if help is not built). (bug 5654)
- Make the F1 key open the Help Viewer. (bug 5409)
- Help Topic navigation toolbar. (bug 6241)
Most of these enhancements are already implemented and are available in the latest Firefox Help CVS source code.