Independent Status Reports
By Brian King
Note: If anyone has an update that they would like included in the
next report, feel free to email
Sila (win32 sil.org graphite and mozilla intergration)
by Frank Tang
- [10/27/2003] Frank Yung-Fong Tang demostrated Project SILA in UNESCO 32nd General Conference, Oct 6-8, 2003, Paris, France.
- [10/27/2003] Several web sites link to this project page to discuss Project SILA.
- Drusilla (Linux version of SILA) alpha version available for download (based on Mozilla 1.5 and SIL Graphite 1.0).
Moji (Lecture guides for kanji in Japanese web pages)
by Erwan Loisant
Moji is a Mozilla Firebird extension to help Japanese language learners to read pages in Japanese. Version 0.2 has been recently released, coming with a Kanji dictionary currently working only for Unix-based systems. Select a character in current page, click "lookup" and a detailed description will appear in the sidebar. Users from any systems can still enjoy the quick access to rikai.com and now to popjisyo.com in the toolbar.
MAB (Mozilla Amazon Browser) (A tool for searching the Amazon catalog)
by Fabio Serra
MAB (Mozilla Amazon Browser) is a tool for searching the Amazon catalogs and browsing their products. MAB currently supports amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de and amazon.jp. The new features in this last release (1.1) are:
- More product information as the tracks list when browsing in the music catalog
- Export the result list in XML
- Delete single rows from the result lists
- Go directly to Google for searching info about the item selected
- Added an icons toolbar
Firebird Help (Help Extension until finalized for actual build)
by R.J. Keller
Firebird Help 0.4.1 was released. This new release contains general bug fixes to the Help Viewer, Documentation fixes, and support for Firebird 0.7. Also, Firebird Help 0.7 can be built on the trunk without any issues. Support for the Thunderbird Help Viewer was added recently to the CVS version of Firebird Help. Although we've got a small amount of documentation up, the documentation isn't even close to covering all of Thunderbird. If you are interested in writing some new documentation for the first release of Thunderbird Help, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll help get you started.
- Over 650 preferences documented! Many thanks to Mike C and all other contributors.
- Implemented 'proper' progress meter.
- Implemented wildcarding of preferences to allow documentation of preferences even when generated by the user.
XUL Channels (An on-line RSS aggregator)
by Tim Broddin
XUL Channels stopped working yesterday. It used too much MySQL queries. My hosting company politely told me that either I had to drastically cut down on queries or I had to move to a (semi) dedicated account.
Because of this, I am stopping the XUL Channels project as we knew it. I will release the source code very soon under the GPL license.
Here, on this domain, I will soon start developing the next generation of XUL Channels which will be more of a general semantic information portal built using XUL. I am still thinking about the whole concept but it will be something where content and presentation is seperated by plugins on a per user base. Think of it as a very weird RSS reader... More soon (I hope).