Independent Status Reports
By Brian King
Note: If anyone has an update that they would like included in the
next report, feel free to email
EasyGestures (Adds UI with mouse gestures and customizable actions)
EasyGestures is a new context-sensitive pie menu for Mozilla Firebird. Version 2.0 is out now. It is a simplified and revamped modification of the original radialContext extension. It combines mouse gestures with a circular UI. It has a Firebird-like theme and all the actions are customizable in the preferences dialog. Enjoy folks!
MozillaBook (A Users Guide for Mozilla)
by Kevin T. Neely
Released version 0.2 of the user guide over the weekend. We're at 92 pages of content!
QuickManager (Install and Manage Extensions and Themes)
by Biju G C
QuickManager is now available for Firebird and Mozilla too...
new URL (Fb/Tb/Mz) -
- Browse local drive for jar, xpi files
- Buttons to jump to Extension Home page, ExtensionRoom more info page etc.
- Button for emailing author.
Mozile (Inline editor for Mozilla)
by Conor Dowling
Mozile, in-browser editor for Mozilla, v0.52 released on Sunday. This release added improved configurability using an XML file and rounded out webDAV and general file publication support.
StumbleUpon (A toolbar to find and share great web sites)
by Geoff Smith
StumbleUpon toolbar version 1.89 released. New in this version are some fairly radical GUI changes, including the ability to customize the appearance of the toolbar. Also a "report 404" button has been added.
mozdev.org (the web site)
by Brian King
You may have noticed that the site has been sluggish for the last week or so. The reason is most likely that the web server traffic volume has doubled in a week. Projects have been much in demand due to the latest series of releases from mozilla.org, with users visiting to look for their favourite extensions and themes. We are taking a number of steps to handle greater traffic in the future, including hardware upgrades and splitting of services onto several boxes.
Link Visitor (Mark link(s) as visited/unvisited right in page)
by Billy Law
Link Visitor is now 0.30. It is a simple extension to the context menu in your browser. With this extension, you can:
- Mark a link as visited or unvisited
- Mark all selected links as visited or unvisited
- Mark all links as visited or unvisited (new in 0.30)
- Always mark bookmarked links as visited (new in 0.30)
Optimoz (Optimizations, including gestures, for the Mozilla browser)
by Jens Bannmann
The Optimoz project has released Mouse Gestures nightly build 2003-10-19. Despite being labelled "Nightly", this is a major upgrade which is stable enough for day-today use. Changes since the last nightly (June 2003) include:
- Preferences panel is now compatible with Firebird 0.7
- In the gesture mappings editor, your changes are not saved until you click 'OK'
- Single message window is now supported (all mail gestures available)
- Basic chatzilla support (left - right to switch panes)
- Unsupported windows no longer show an error alert ("Could not identify...")
- Errors in gesture functions can no longer cause MozGest to stop working
- Fixed image resizing functions
It has been reported that this build works with Thunderbird 0.3, although this is not yet officially supported. Read Buckminster's Thread for details.