Independent Status Reports
By David Boswell
Note: If anyone has an update that they would like included in the
next report, feel free to email
by Daniel Fournier
JS Console 1.0 initial release is out, providing a simple but effective way to test
GooglebarL10N Update (Localization Packs for Mozilla-Googlebar)
by Alex Pircher
HON Update (Collection of Mozilla / Netscape plugins for HON)
by Thierry Raguin
The HON project has just been launched on mozdev. This project aims at developing Mozilla / Netscape plugins to support the Health On the Net Foundation (HON). The three plugins currently available are HONcode Status, HONlookup and
HONcodeHunt Sherlock plugin. Check out the screenshots to see them in action or try installing the latest version of each.
mozdev Update (Free project hosting site for Mozilla based extensions and applications)
by David Boswell
We are working on putting together an external projects list to make finding Mozilla extensions and applications easier. Hopefully this project list plus the list of projects that are hosted on mozdev will provide one central resource for locating all publically available Mozilla projects. This list is currently under construction, so if you have suggestions for projects to include, email us at feedback at mozdev.org.
I also wanted to send a reminder to project owners about recreating their mailing list and newsgroup if they haven't already. After the recent
attack on the site we decided to recreate all lists as part of the effort to upgrade mailman to a newer more secure version and to weed out inactive
lists that were just being used to send out spam. If you're not an owner of a project but think it should have it's list recreated, please let us
know or try contacting that owner directly and ask them to get in touch with an admin.
MozWho Update (Your bookmark and browser history portal)
by Andy Edmonds
MozWho 0.2 presents your bookmarks in an HTML portal. The eventual goal is an adaptive
homepage and the existing source code provides an example of how to extract information from the bookmark RDF datastore.
wmlbrowser Update (Browse WML in Mozilla)
by Matthew Wilson
wmlbrowser had a maintenance release 0.3, for compatibility with Mozilla 1.4. Users of other browsers
should *not* upgrade.
StumbleUpon Update (A toolbar to find and share great web sites)
by Geoff Smith
StumbleUpon has released version 1.76. New version adds stumble-prefetching which significantly
increases the speed of stumbling, particularly on a slow connection. Also this version can now install into the mozilla profile directory.
TagZilla Update (A tagline insertion and management system)
by David Perry
TagZilla 0.049 has finally been released! You have my greatest thanks for your patience in awaiting it for so long.
- One xpi, three platforms: supports Mozilla Suite, Firebird and Thunderbird
- Prefs window works on all three platforms now
- Improved handling of DOS/Windows, Mac, and *nix-flavoured newlines in tagline files
- Small but important bug fixes
- Can be installed to a profile or to the system (but see below)
- Jar-based installation saves disk space
- The install process has been known to fail for No Good Reason. I'm not sure if it's a bug in one or more of the Mozilla programs, or if I've broken my content/chrome.rdf again. If you can't install to your profile directory, try to install to your program directory, or vice versa. Help wanted in determining what I can do to TagZilla to help alleviate the problem. (People seem to have better luck when they install it to their profile.)
- The toolbar icons in *bird don't show up in the toolbar palette
- The links on the About screen don't work in Thunderbird (surprise (: )
Thanks again for your patience, and I hope TagZilla serves you well!
... Programmers do it bit by bit!