[xSidebar] CheckPlaces has been updated to v2.6.1, and is installable under SM through 2.5

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 15:21:28 PST 2011

On 20 November 2011 03:36, Lewis G Rosenthal
<lgrosenthal at 2rosenthals.com> wrote:
> Hi, Philip!
>
> FYI: I just installed CheckPlaces from the developer's site
> (http://www.andyhalford.com/checkplaces/download.html) under SM 2.5b3, and
> it went off without a hitch. I don't know that you need to maintain a
> modified version any longer.

Hey that's great! Thanks for letting me know.

> Cheers
>
> BTW, what is the procedure for submitting updated packages for modified
> extensions? I'm happy to share what I've tweaked to get my favorites
> installed under this build of SeaMonkey (most modified for maxVersion 2.*,
> though AMO refuses to validate that syntax for SM).

Just send them to me with a few notes on what you did to make them
work in SeaMonkey. Sadly I haven't had much time to keep the modified
extensions page up to date. Fortunately a few people have taken to
updating their favourite extensions themselves and letting me know.

Cheers.

Phil