[xSidebar] xSidebar extension dependency

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Mon Jan 18 03:10:13 PST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 01:30:04 -0300, Rubens wrote:

> Without xSidebar, the menu itens never show up.
>
> I can´t tell about version 1.1.9.1, but I tested version 1.1.9.2 too,
> and the result is the same.
>
> Also there is another symptom: The first time I try to use the
> extension by selecting some text and right-clicking on it, the menu
> itens do not appear but there is a small "border" above a splitting line,
> like the items were about to appear by didn´t complete.
>
> When right-clicking the second time and any times after, this visual
> artifact does not show again, until we restart Seamonkey.

I created a brand new profile and installed only textplain into this
profile (I did not choose the global chrome option). All the expected
textplain menu items showed up when highlighting plain text links.

There might be another extension intefering with textplain with the
presence of xsidebar fixing some problem with *that* extension.

Phil