[xSidebar] xSidebar extension dependency

Rubens rfurb at aim.com
Sun Jan 17 20:30:04 PST 2010

Philip Chee wrote, on 2010-01-18 00:21:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:59:28 -0300, Rubens wrote:
>
>> I have found that the extension "Text/Plain 1.1.8" installs but do not work
>> if the xSidebar extension is not installed altogether in Seamonkey 1.1.x.
>>
>> Is that really true or there is something wrong in my profile/chrome files ?
>
> As far as I can tell Text/Plain 1.1.9.1 from
> <http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#textplain>
> Should work in SeaMonkey 1.1.x without xSidebar.
>
> What do you mean by "do not work"? The context menu items don't show up?
> or have no effect?
>
> Phil

Hello Philip,

Without xSidebar, the menu itens never show up.

I can´t tell about version 1.1.9.1, but I tested version 1.1.9.2 too,
and the result is the same.

Also there is another symptom: The first time I try to use the
extension by selecting some text and right-clicking on it, the menu
itens do not appear but there is a small "border" above a splitting line,
like the items were about to appear by didn´t complete.

When right-clicking the second time and any times after, this visual
artifact does not show again, until we restart Seamonkey.

Thanks,

Rubens