[xSidebar] Why is it that... ?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 15:30:16 PDT 2008

Stupid question, probably... but I've had lately a couple instances where
.XPI extensions for SeaMonkey (1.1.10 here on XP SP2 right not -my other
systems run Linux, I swear :)... fail to install with the message "Chrome
registration failed". This happened for instance with the
"DerBrowserTimer-0.4.xpi" extension.

But before that, it initially asks "Press OK to install into your profile,
Cancel will install into your application folder".
Like I said, this isn't exclusive of that extension, it has happened to
others as well.

Well, the 2nd problem is that it asks where you want it installed ONLY ONCE.

If you click, say "OK", it attempts to install on the profile dir, FAILS,
and
following attempts to re-install directly give the "Chrome registration
failed", bypassing the question on where you want it installed.

Why is this? any way to prevent this? (the bypassing of the installation
choice, I mean).

Thanks,
FC