[xSidebar] Install failed. Chrome reg failed.

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 19:52:33 PST 2008

On 05/01/2008, stan <spierce at hvc.rr.com> wrote:
> I've used the Extension Manager to uninstall the older version
> (20060810) and invoked install of xsidebar 1.0.3 xpl.  The installation
> begins and I get a message window: "XSidebar. The installation  of
> xsidebar failed. Chrome registration failed."  Under that is another
> window: "Software and installation status.XSiderbar 1.0.3 xpl. Chrome
> registration failed."
>
> Now when I look at the Extension Manager, Xsidebar has reverted to
> 200060810.
>
> I tried searching all the previous posts but don't think I found one
> that matches this exactly.  I do not have enough experience to know for
> sure how to interpret all the posts.
>
> Thanks for help.
> Stan

In my opinion, the ExtensionManager extension is buggy
and doesn't completely uninstall extensions leaving
them in a half installed state. I recommend that you
install the Mnenhy extension (http://mnenhy.mozdev.org)
And then use it's chrome manager (Tools->Chrome Manager)
<http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/chroman.html> to really
remove any remaining bits of the older version of
xSidebar before trying to install a newer version.

Cheers.

Phil