[xSidebar] Feedview

Philip Chee philip.chee at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 23:53:54 EDT 2006

On 12/06/06, Jaisen Klaus Kühle <j.kuhle at utoronto.ca> wrote:

> What I mean by it won't let me install is that when I load the page of a
> script and try to have it install the script from either the status bar,
> or from the tools drop down menu nothing happens as if I did not issue
> the command. It just stares blank at me and when I check greasemonkey,
> whose Icon does not appear in the status bar btw, it simply shows no
> scripts installed.

First read this:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Editing_configuration>
Then set the following preferences:

javascript.options.showInConsole = true
browser.dom.window.dump.enabled = true

Then start up SeaMonkey.
Then open the javascript/error console:
Tools->WebDevevelopment->Javascript Console
  (may be called Error console in some versions of SeaMonkey)
Click on [clear] so start with a fresh blank window.
Switch back to SeaMonkey main window and try to install
a GM script.
Switch back to the Error console.
Cut and paste the error messages (only those related to GM)
and send them to xsidebar at mozdev.org, I'll be there.

Phil