[Vimperator] [RFC] How to handle text fields

Viktor Kojouharov vkojouharov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:30:46 PDT 2007

first, because this is related:
I think the 'I' binding is not chosen properly, since it does
something specific to vimperator, but vim does something else with it.
That's why I propose to change 'I' to '^b', so that we can go in
'Browser' mode. What does the list think?

And for the current issue:
<ESC> should always return to normal mode. However, I don't see a
reason to have to have a separate key to switch between the insert
mode and 'normal mode of text editing'. Most importantly, why is there
a 'normal mode of text editing' in the first place? It should act like
vim, and vim is mostly a giant textarea and command line, and it's
normal mode is for both of those. So vimperator's normal mode should
work like that too. If the user has focused a textarea, keybindings
should act on it. pressing ':' would take the user to the command
line. various other commands would be interpreted as in vim.