[Synckolab] Fwd: Re: Time zone problem

K. Grishnak henne.gwath at gmx.de
Fri Jun 22 00:30:01 PDT 2012

Hi,

Here's more information on the timezone-problem caused by synckolab due
to not-escaping some characters in vcard-files. I would gladly
appreaciate a fix in nightly for this.

kind regards,
Henning

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Time zone problem
Datum: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:05:04 +0200
Von: Jakob Bohm <jb-mozilla at wisemo.com>
An: mozilla-support-calendar at lists.mozilla.org
Kopie (CC): dev-apps-thunderbird at lists.mozilla.org,
dev-apps-calendar at lists.mozilla.org
Newsgruppen: mozilla.support.calendar
Referenzen:
<mailman.6047.1340050008.27472.support-calendar at lists.mozilla.org>
<mailman.6303.1340132125.27472.support-calendar at lists.mozilla.org>
<A4SdnRUuZsUfUH3SnZ2dnUVZ_smdnZ2d at mozilla.org>
<mailman.6428.1340186045.27472.support-calendar at lists.mozilla.org>
<ksadnRCa74t9YnzSnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d at mozilla.org>
<mailman.6697.1340265069.27472.support-calendar at lists.mozilla.org>
<4FE30B91.7040304 at wisemo.com>

To clarify:

For the example vCal item, removing the "quoted-printable"
header line would make it OK.

But for any vCal item which would otherwise not fit within
the RFC822++ limits on allowed characters, line length etc.,
this would not work.

What would work every time would be to actually *do* the
quoted-printable encoding when there is a reason to, and
to set the header according to the encoding actually done.

The definition of how to do the encoding is in one of the
basic MIME RFCs.  The iana registration for the "quoted
printable" encoding should have a reference to the RFC
number.

The problem is that the plugin says it uses one encoding
and then uses another one.  It must say what it does and
do what it says.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10