[Synckolab] Address book sync question

Tom Malone tmalone at lancer-ins.com
Tue Jun 29 11:55:55 PDT 2010

Niko,

I have been trying to stamp out some bugs and I just have a question
about the cache files for the address book.

I am confused as to the purpose of these files.  The address book
contains a modifytimestamp field and the Kolab object contains a
last-modification-date field.

Can't these two timestamps be compared instead of trying to compare the
adddress book to the cache to the server item?

Also the extra fields database would seem not needed now that you can
create new fields in the address book.  It should even be possible to
add all the Kolab supported fields to the address book card so they can
be edited.  Is the extra fields file going to be deprecated?

Thanks
Tom

Thomas Malone, Systems Administration Manager
Lancer Financial Group Companies
370 West Park Avenue, Long Beach, NY 11561
(516) 431-4441 x3230 tmalone at lancer-ins.com

Please consider our environment before printing this email message.

The information contained in this communication may be confidential, is
intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above, and may be
legally privileged.  You are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication and any of its contents or
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message and please delete this message from all computers and servers.