[Synckolab] Multiple Address Books

Niko Berger niko.berger at corinis.com
Tue Jul 20 01:19:45 PDT 2010

  Am 07/19/2010 10:46 PM, schrieb Paul Holden:
> Is there a way to store multiple address books on the IMAP server,
> without using a separate folder for each?
>
> I've tried this, but I wound up with the contents of Addr Book 1
> merged into Addr Book 2. Addr Book 1 was synchronized first, then I
> put Addr Book 2 in the synchronization list. The Addr Book 1 integrity
> remains fine, but Addr Book 2 has all the addresses it should have,
> PLUS all the addresses from Addr Book 1.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Paul

Sorry there is no way to distinguish address books - except through
their folder. The contact data itself dies not define from what address
book it is. This must acutally not be, because otherwise you could never
sync your ie. thunderbird address book with your android phone or
outlook - whoever does the syncing has no way to distinguish one or the
other - except through the folder structure itself.