[Synckolab] Interoperability with Microsoft IMAP

Niko Berger niko.berger at corinis.com
Wed Mar 5 03:02:57 PST 2008

Hi Evert,
Actually, kolab already works with exchange (exchange has imap... thus
the contacts/events can be shared). The Problem described by sergey is
actually that the exchange web-interface doesnt seem to be able to
recognize the generated icals-mails as events.
If you want an easy transition from exchange to kolab I suggest taking a
look at the kolab mailing list. I am sure there are already a few
success stories from ppl who did exactly that.
On the client side: there is a kolab plugin for outlook. So basically
the transition is a server-side thing only.
Once you are running a kolab server you can have quite a lot of
different clients (including outlook, kontact, thunderbird with
synckolab, even cellphones via syncml).

Niko