[Synckolab] bug ? appointments disappear

Andre Dietrich andre at dohmanngmbh.de
Tue Jun 5 12:39:30 PDT 2007

Hi Andreas,

I think I found the reasons for both issues. Perhaps you can give me a
hint to solve them.

1) the reason that an x-day event with "all day" flag gets spanned on
reading over (x+1) days is in the following lines:

    you save:
    calTools.js:733:    var endDate = event.endDate;

    while you read:
    calTools.js:372:    event.endDate = string2CalDate(s);
                                 event.endDate.day += 1;

    I 've read the kolab format-definition and think it lacks an exakt
definition of the date-only format.
    is a full day described by

    Start: 20070606    End: 20070607

    or even

    Start: 20070606    End: 20070606 ?

    But in the log I found the "event.endDate.day += 1;" moves the end
one day to far away:

Parsing an XML event:
(...)
 <start-date>2007-06-04</start-date>
 <end-date>2007-06-05</end-date>
(...)

Parsed event in ICAL:
(...)
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20070604
DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20070606
(...)

Commenting this day addition out seems to solve the bug.

2)
the reason for the second issue, the disappearing of appointments, seems
to be in the reloading of the imap-boxes. Caused by my VPN-connection to
my mailserver I sometimes have a reload-latency of about 2 or 3 seconds.
In the Log I found synckolab seeing only one mail in the imap-folder,
even if there were two - and so it decided to delete the local
appointment. The next time synckolab was syncronized, it recovered the
appointment. So it doesn't matter if they are icals or xmls.
I also recognized, that I am able to move Test-appointments into the
imap-folder without synckolab recognizing them.
Is it possible to refresh the folders before reading the 'mails' from it
and to let synckolab wait until Thunderbird finishes refreshing?

I'll have a look for some procedures to call for this function - perhaps
you have a hint ?

wish your notebook feels better soon :-)

Andre