[Synckolab] sync problems with calendar and contacts

Michael McConnell mcconnell at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 26 08:40:40 PDT 2007

Hi,
Our department recently switched to a linux server running scalix and
it's been a disaster for me. It does not have offline capability and
using outlook dies periodically (plus the scalix interface is painfully
slow with limited capabilities). Thunderbird with Lightning + SyncKolab
seems like an ideal solution. TB has been working very well for email,
but I can't get SyncKolab to sync with my Calendar and Contacts folders.
For Calendar, it sync's the first 698 items but then gets an item with
id=unknown/status=parsing/content=unknown and freezes (has stopped at
the same place 3 times). For Contacts, if I choose Personal Folder it
does nothing (says "synchronizing entries..." but freezes with Message =
0/0 and status=checking/content=<>). If I choose Collected Addresses, it
starts to sync but deletes all the contacts on the server (I have to
cancel out so I don't lose them; when I let it complete on a small
contact list it did wipe it out!). Any potential help?
Thanks.
Mike