[Synckolab] File Access Denied on Linux

Rob Yates ryates100 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:33:46 PDT 2007

I was able to work around this issue.  It seems that for whatever reason,
the file.create(1, 775); calls to set up the synckolab directories for the
first time for some reason are setting odd permissions on Linux.  The
temporary workaround was to chmod 755 all of the directories that synckolab
tries to create ./synckolab, ./synckolab/contact,
./synckolab/contact/Contacts, etc.  My sync now works beautifully!!!

I'm going to mess with changing the file.create statement, but I have never
made a foray into extension development.  Perhaps this is a good
opportunity.

-Rob