[Synckolab] File Access Denied on Linux

Rob Yates ryates100 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:36:45 PDT 2007

First, let me say that this is a great concept and keep up the good work - I
only hope I can get it working.

I have two boxes that I'm  trying to synchronize address books between - one
is Fedora Core 6 and the other is a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.4.

Sync Kolab works perfectly on my Macbook as expected.  I see my address book
entries synchronized into my IMAP folder (on an Exchange server).
Unfortuantely, I'm not so lucky on Linux.  When I set up Sync Kolab in the
exact same way as OS X, I receive a the following exception in the console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code:
0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.create]"  nsresult:
"0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)"  location: "JS frame ::
chrome://synckolab/content/tools.js :: getSyncDbFile :: line 59"  data: no]

This area of the code appears to try to create the SyncDB file if it doesn't
already exist, but it's not able to do so.  Anyone have any ideas where I
can start to troubleshoot?

FWIW, my version of Thunderbird is 2.0.0 RC1.  Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

-Rob