[Synckolab] All my contacts have been deleted while sync process!

Konrad Hammerer konrad.hammerer at tesis.de
Tue Apr 3 07:45:37 PDT 2007

Tried everything suggested:
- Delete all configs and create a new one
- Tried both formats (XML/VCard)

Still the same problem!

Niko Berger schrieb:
> Konrad Hammerer wrote:
>> Already tried this, but it says "unknown parsing unknown" for each mail!
>>
>> No, no idea. I just configured it and pressed the sync button twice.
>> first run was ok, second run -> everything was gone :-( What can I check
>> to track this down?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Konrad
>>

>> Niko Berger schrieb:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> One thing you can try is create a NEW configuration within synckolab and
>>> sync with a new adress book. Since the contacts are still available as
>>> mail folders this should put them all back in order.
>>>
>>> Do you have any idea what could have happened? did you change settings
>>> before sync?
>>>

>>> Niko
>>>
> Parsing errors normally occur when you chose the wrong format (xml vs.
> vcard) - this might also be the original problem why your contacts
> disappeared.
>
> I will include a automatic check for the format in the next release
> (will be l8er today)
>

> Niko

TESIS PLMware GmbH
Baierbrunner Str 15            Tel:    (+49 89) 74 73 77 84
D-81379 München                Fax:    (+49 89) 74 73 77 99
http://www.tesis.de            Mail:   Konrad.Hammerer at Tesis.de