[Synckolab] All my contacts have been deleted while sync process!

Webb, Paul pwebb0617 at aim.com
Tue Apr 3 06:38:53 PDT 2007

konrad.hammerer at tesis.de wrote:
> Already tried this, but it says "unknown parsing unknown" for each mail!
>
> No, no idea. I just configured it and pressed the sync button twice.
> first run was ok, second run -> everything was gone :-( What can I check
> to track this down?
>
> Thanks,
> Konrad

I've had the same thing happen to me.... I sync my contacts from my
laptop and all goes well. I then set up my office PC with the same setup
(see below) and click the Sync button, and that machine deletes the
contacts from the IMAP folder! I then restore the data from a backup
folder and click the Sync button again, and I get the "unknown parsing
error". :-/

[-------------------------------------]
My current software and versions:

    * Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/ SP2 and all critical patches
      applied
    * Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 (20070221)
    * Lightning 0.3.1
    * Sync-Kolab 0.4.23 **

** I ran the latest version of Sync-Kolab a few days ago only to get the
error everyone else was complaining about -- where it told me to pick a
valid calendar target. After trying multiple configurations (changes to
my existing config, new configs, etc) I gave up a reverted back to 0.4.23.

Thanks for all you do, guys!
Paul