[Synckolab] bug-report for version 0.4.24

T.Peichl T.Peichl at gmx.de
Sun Sep 3 13:02:08 EDT 2006


Dear sync kolab community,


when I first noticed your promising extension I couldn't get it running at all.
Cause I didn't find any notes about such severe problems I thought the origin
of my problems might be related to my imap provider.

Anyway now as of version 0.4.24 the synchronization seemed to work for the first
time and I immediately started testing.

I noticed some strange behavior about which I want to inform you:
- There are problems when I use the field for the second mail address.
When syncing those records loose the second mail address after a second run
cause it doesn't get stored on the server vCard. Sometimes those records even get completely lost.
- Another problem seems to exist when updating records on the server side.
In my testrun I changed 24 records which where correctly noticed, but while
writing those all were deleted but only 3 of them actually rewritten.

Another thing I noticed is that it takes quite some time to go over all those
records when updating. Maybe you could consider using an additional special
mail where the last hash table (like the one stored in the local thunderbird profile)
is stored, so an update check only needs to read one mail and then just react
upon changes.


Yours sincerely
T.Peichl


More information about the Synckolab mailing list