[Synckolab] Latest version

Rob CT orb_ter at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 21:31:59 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm glad somebody finaly started to work on syncing addressbook with IMAP, which is really needed.
However there are some things that need to be fixed before it will work with Cyrus-Imap servers.
Cyrus, unlike UW-Imap or some others, doesn't accept messages where header includes "From"
statement without colon (:). Synckolab can't put anything to IMAP server because Cyrus would
prevent it because of invalid header. If you can fix headers to include correct "From:" or just
simply remove them, synckolab would work with Cyrus-Imap servers. Next issue includes users that
has non-ascii characters in address books. You should consider using UTF-8. Names in address book
that use charset other than plain ascii are ignored. And the last main issue: when you sync it
always copies all entries instead of changes. I don't know if this is just an IMAP issue...

Anyway, those fixes would probably spread Synckolab even more and make thunderbird even more
desired, since Mozilla left out all synchronisation things :-(

Cheers,
Robert