[Synckolab] Update 0.2.8
jloter at engr.washington.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:26:32 EST 2005
OK, it works on an empty folder. But.....
I get this if I add a new card to the address book and then sync again:
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)
[nsIMsgMessageService.messageURIToMsgHdr]" nsresult: "0x80004003
(NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://synckolab/content/synckolab.js :: updateContent :: line 369"
Here's what I did:
- sync'd 3 cards to empty IMAP folder (OK)
- sync'd - got the 3 cards from IMAP into the address book (OK)
- created new (4th) card in address book
- sync'd - at "Writing changed cards" the error popped up
BUT... the new card from Computer B was created in Computer A's address
- Created new card (5th) on Computer A
- Sync'd -- got to "Writing new cards" and the same error again - the
message for the 5th card never was written to the IMAP folder
At some point, I got this message, too:
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xffe53180
[nsIAbCard.lastModifiedDate]" nsresult: "0xffe53180 (<unknown>)"
location: "JS frame :: chrome://synckolab/content/contactTools.js ::
message2Card :: line 101" data: no]
Source File: chrome://synckolab/content/contactTools.js
But I don't recall the context and I can't replicate it....
On 3/21/2005 4:03 PM, Niko Berger wrote:
> Forgot to add check if there are no messages in folder. now fixed, pls
> try again :)
> Jim Loter wrote:
>> Error on sync: ("syncing addresses")
>> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
>> code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsISimpleEnumerator.getNext]"
>> nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
>> chrome://synckolab/content/synckolab.js :: getCardMessage :: line 227"
>> data: no]
>> Windows, TBird 1.0
>> On 3/21/2005 3:35 PM, Niko Berger wrote:
>>> Happy news!
>>> I think I finally figured out why it wasnt reading the messages
>>> correctly... it was my fault after all, I worked with wrong message
>>> ids. This is fixed now. I also added smarter sync functions, so now
>>> it finds out if you do not have a contact in the mail folder even if
>>> a msg uid is set. the only thing missing on the sync is to find out
>>> when you really deleted a message.... currently thats impossible. so
>>> if anyone has ideas on that i am all yours :) (My current thought
>>> tend towards hooking in the delete function of the addressbook and
>>> adding a deleted mark somewhere in the message which i read out when
>>> syncing... tough I do not yet know how to hook into existing functions)
>>> Please tell me if this version works better for you. I hope the
>>> crashing is also resolved (tough I didnt test on my linux amchine yet).
>>> Synckolab mailing list
>>> Synckolab at mozdev.org
>> Synckolab mailing list
>> Synckolab at mozdev.org
> Synckolab mailing list
> Synckolab at mozdev.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 3206 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://mozdev.org/pipermail/synckolab/attachments/20050322/951ae80c/smime.bin
More information about the Synckolab