[Synckolab] Update 0.2.5

Jim Loter jim at mcdavid-loter.com
Wed Mar 16 10:38:38 EST 2005

Hi Niko,

Sorry to report that 0.2.5 doesn't work for me either.

Computer A - 69 addresses in Personal Address Book
Sync Kolab
69 cards written to IMAP folder (OK)

Computer B - 0 addresses in Personal Address Book
Sync Kolab
Progress bar and console show that all 69 messages are read successfully
Error when (I think) it attempts to write the cards to the address book

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIEnumerator.first]"
nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)"  location: "JS frame
:: chrome://synckolab/content/synckolab.js :: parseFolderToAddressFinish
:: line 339"  data: no]

[Windows with Thunderbird 1.0; UW-IMAP server]

I think it's really great progress to not require the folders to go
offline and to have the progress box close automatically.

I was also able to sync on Computer A, create a new card, and sync again
with no errors. The new card was created in the IMAP folder successfully.

I also noted a potential problem on Computer A:
- Sync Kolab (cards created in IMAP folder OK)
- Go into Address Book, change phone number for a contact
- Sync Kolab again
- The phone number change is not reflected in the IMAP message

You might want to look into the algorithm for determining if a contact
record has changed or not.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait for this to work and am very excited
about your plans for iCal support in the future.

Maybe I'll brush up on my Javascript and XUL and give you a hand!

Jim