[Synckolab] Update 0.2.5

Derek Croxton dcroxton at oxenstierna.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 15 21:46:51 EST 2005

Niko Berger wrote:

> Hi Derek,
> I will get a look at the linux crashing tomorrow (my laptop at work
> runs gentoo... so i can test it there). You do not need a kolab server
> for the extension to work. Any Imap server is more than enough. The
> only problem I found was with the imap uris which is a problem from
> thunderbird.
> I left almost all debugging messages on in this version, so please
> send me what the debug window says (clear it before running the sync :P)
> Just ctrl-c on any error messages and paste it in a mail.
>
> There shouldnt be any steps  necessary to run it except to run the
> config and add the button.

If only I got an error, it would be so much easier to figure out!
Everything appears to work okay, no errors in the JSConsole.  I copied
the following messages from it in case you can see anything wrong.  Most
of the messages are, of course, like the one that begins "Card
[pas-id..."  There are a few lists at the end, which I thought might be
causing the problem, but I created a new address book without them, and
it didn't sync any better.  Since I had tried this on two different
computers (not counting the Linux one), I figured it probably wasn't my
installation (in fact, on the current computer, I re-installed
Thunderbird because I had been running version 0.8).  That seemed to
leave only my IMAP server.  I haven't had any problems with my mail, but
I have had occasional problems deleting folders -- not that I can see
the relevance of that, but I'm looking for any issues.  So I tried
Synckolab without the "save to IMAP folder option," but that didn't work
either.  I tried creating several different folders to do the sync with;
none of them worked.

I have given XUL a look in the past with an eye to creating my own
extensions, so I might try to look into this.  The problem is that I can
handle the basics well enough, but the object model for something like
IMAP would probably baffle me as much as ftp did.  It seems like the
vCards are getting created, but I don't know what's happening to them at
that point.  Thanks again for your help.

Some output from JSConsole:

got folder: imap://dcroxton@oxenstierna.homelinux.net/INBOX/Address
Message Folder:
imap-message://dcroxton@oxenstierna.homelinux.net/INBOX/Address

got Message
[imap-message://dcroxton@oxenstierna.homelinux.net/INBOX/Address#0]:

Card [pas-id-B7E042D8A1E12163]

New Card [From - Tue Mar 15 20:04:13 2005
Subject: vCard pas-id-0A36F83B81112C18
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:04:13 +030000

BEGIN:VCARD
N:;Round Table;