[Synckolab] New user - some comments
mail at cbolton.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 00:59:45 EDT 2005
I'm new to this list and new to Sync Kolab. I've just installed it and
eventually got it working. I had the same problem which Jan Grape
reported a week ago (I don't know what happened there as the archive
stops at 19th June). When I tried to choose an imap folder for contacts
then when I tried to sync, I got a "Mailaccount not found" error.
Looking at the entries in prefs.js compared to those posted by Gabriele
Domenichini, I could see that the lines for these entries were there but
in a different format. I orignally installed 0.4.4, then upgraded to
0.4.18 once I realised 0.4.4 was old. Thunderbird doesn't seem to remove
redundant lines from pref.js when you uninstall and what was happening
was that Sync Kolab was trying to update the old lines, and failing.
So my recommendation to anyone having trouble is to uninstall, manually
edit prefs.js to remove all the lines which refer to synckolab, and
reinstall. That fixed it for me.
Once running, I sync'ed a small address book and calender from my test
client. I noticed that when I then sync'ed my main client, with Sync
Kolab entries in the folders, and existing Calendar and Address Books,
the first sync only worked one way; the existing data was all moved into
the Sync Kolab folders, but none of the entries there appeared in the
client. When I exited and went back to the test client and sync'ed
there, everything appeared in both. I then went back again and re-synced
in the main client, and everying appeared.
Win XP Pro SP2
Mercury mail server
More information about the Synckolab