[Synckolab] sync kolab destorys thunderbird.

Daniel P. Campbell daniel at dcsi.com
Thu Jun 16 18:48:06 EDT 2005

I had a new laptop on which I installed Thunderbird.  I then installed
SyncKolab and setup up the options to sync the address book and made
sure none of the options for the calendar were enabled.  This was
version 0.4.4 that I got from the Mozilla site.  It gave the normal
message that installation would finish when I restarted Thunder bird,
which I did, and nothing happened. Thunder bird never came up to be
visible in any way except through the task manager which showed it
existing as a task.  When I did a normal uninstall of Thunder bird,
reboot the system, Reinstall Thunder bird, the problem was not resolved
because I did not delete the directories that are not handled by
uninstall.  After uninstalling and deleting directories, I could
reinstall Thunder bird, install the Calendar, restart Thunder bird and
install SyncKolab with no references to the Calendar (probably not
necessary but there were no entries in the calendar), restart
thunderbird, update to 0.4.18 and sync my Address book without problem.
When I went to set up the Calendar, I had to manually put the entries
for the calendar into prefs.js.  It seems as if the entries are only set
up the first time the dialog is entered (this is an assumption on my
part), because I could not get the entries to be written with subsequent
use of the dialog.
I hope this answers your question.  (There is data in the folder for the
calendar, but no data in the calendar itself till after I did the sync).
Daniel