[Reloadevery] Problem (Jordi Caballero)

Pete Cahan peter.s.cahan at juno.com
Wed Dec 22 14:27:47 PST 2010

I noticed that reloadevery did not always work with NoScript, and had thought it was just an incompatibility. I now realize that ANY script filtering software will also be incompatible for the reasons that Jordi Caballero indicated.

In an age where malware is so prevalent, IMHO it is irresponsible to force users to stop using any malware filter to use a useful product.

Suggestion: If you can intercept the screen refresh that is used when a load finishes to set a semaphore, you can determine each time reloadevery goes to reload if the previous load completed. (I can give you details off-list, if needed.) That way, if n loads in a row do not complete, you can do a pop-up to tell the user to increase the reload time.