[Pyxpcomext] ImportError with _Py_ZeroStruct in C extension

Elias Showk elias.showk at iscpif.fr
Mon Feb 8 02:45:40 PST 2010

Hi Todd and Bill,

I experience the same problems, since my previous thread
(http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/pyxpcomext/2010-January/000136.html).

Following Todd's advice to import python packages with extensions
(numpy, bssdb3) into the xulrunner+python app  (by the way,
http://github.com/jbilcke/tinasoft.desktop), I used a UCS2 Python 2.6.4
(in fact an ActivePython-2.6.4.10-linux-x86_64).

Although it resolved the original issues (undefined _Py_ZeroStruct from
import bsddb3 and undefined Py_Unicode from import numpy), I still have
another import error from numpy :
"platform/Linux_x86_64-gcc3/pylib/numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined
symbol: _Py_ZeroStruct"

Finally, I found no 32-bit builts into the entire source code directory
(nothing returned by $ find . | xargs file | grep ".*: .* 32-bit").

If anyone has an idea, or an advice, it could help a lot.
If I found something, I'll post it.