[Pyxpcomext] PythonExt Mac OS X and Firefox 3.6

Todd Whiteman twhitema at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 3 18:32:33 PST 2010

I've just fixed a problem with the PythonExt Mac OS X xpi
"pythonext-2.6.4.20100126-Darwin_x86-gcc3.xpi", which did not like to
install correctly - after installing the extension and restarting, it
would look as though the extension was never installed.

The problem was due to special symlink handling in the zip (xpi) file,
which is not correctly handled by Firefox 3.6.

I've updated this Mac OS X xpi to remove the symlinks altogether - which
allows the extension to be correctly installed.

Cheers,
Todd