[Project_owners] Important: Recent Mozdev outages and Migration Plans

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Thu Jan 30 10:17:49 PST 2014

On 14/01/2014 00:27, Axel Grude wrote:
> /Garrafrauns, 13 January 2014 09:20:24, week 3 /
>
> Dear Project Owners at Mozdev.org,
>
> you may have noticed the most recent outage of the mozdev.org web sites and Babelzilla
> database [all mozdev sites were down over the Christmas Holidays], apparently this is
> caused by mozdev.org still being hosted on a dedicated box which is now over ten years
> old. In order to go forward we would like to re-host all mozdev sites and related data
> into a different platform, the site host osuosl.org suggested to migrate to a Virtual
> Machine in their hosting clusters.
>
> This begs the question on how many people are still actively using Mozdev.org to
> develop and publish their projects and what features would be needed minimally. We
> also need to assess how much space would be minimally required to migrate all
> necessary data.
>
> To me personally, web sites with svn upload and the

> Babezilla database to manage bugs
Bugzilla?

> and feature requests are the essential features. I used to use mailing lists but since
> the majority of incoming mails was spam I switched to direct personal support, which
> is manageable and much easier to maintain.
>
> Can you please reply to the owner list on the list with the following information
>
> 1. your project name(s)
Flashblock, xSidebar, Console2, Tagzilla.

> 2. which features are you _actively_ using. Don't list everything you have applied
> for, just what is absolutely essential.
Downloads
CVS (I could migrate to Mercurial or SVN if necessary)
Bugzilla
I could live without the mailing lists and newsgroups (except for say
project-owners for coordination and discussions like this one).

> 3. would you be interested in helping with the migration?
Sure! Assuming I know how to do stuff which I probably don't.

Phil