[Project_owners] Test

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 27 12:48:22 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Pete <updatescanner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> On 26 July 2012 20:08, Adam Kowalczyk <adam-kowalczyk at o2.pl> wrote:
> > there was some valuable data and user feedback on my Drupal forum. Could
> we
> > please turn Drupal back on for at least a few days, so that I have a
> chance
> > to archive the information? I can't stress enough how much I would
> > appreciate it.
>
> I too have years of forum posts that I'd like to move elsewhere. Does
> anyone know the best way of doing this? Does the Mozdev Drupal
> installation have an export feature?

It does not. I discussed it with Doug, our mozdev web programmer, before he
left. The primary issue with an export/database dump is that, although each
project has its own drupal installation, the userid/usernames are shared.
that means exporting a single drupal forum would include thousands and
thousands of userids even though the project itself might posts from a
small subset of that. these userids are the same one we use for cvs and
everything else, and so the passwords couldn't be easily dumped, too (they
are not part of the drupal installation).

When I moved FoxyProxy off of mozdev, I lost all of its drupal forum
content. I started over with phpBB, losing years of posts. And since mozdev
didn't offer forums at all back in the old days, this was actually the 3rd
"forum conversion" the project went through.

eric