[Project_owners] Downtime Notice for Wednesday

Mycroft Project mycroft.mozdev.org at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:34:43 PDT 2011

The php update (it would have been useful if the downtime notice had
change list too) has meant that the error log is being filled with
deprecation warnings.
A significant number of these are for dead projects:
[12-Oct-2011 08:10:24] PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated
in /mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/extensionroom/www/source.html on
line 127
[12-Oct-2011 08:10:24] PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated
in /mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/extensionroom/www/source.html on
line 132
12500 of this pair in the last 48hours for example.
And there are plenty more in mozdev pages / staff types. Quite a few
of these for example:
1097	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/php/include/annotate2 on line 94
1097	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/php/include/annotate2 on line 95
1097	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/php/include/annotate2 on line 98
626	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/cdn/www/project_nav.html on line 2
626	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/cdn/www/project_nav.html on line 5
626	PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/cdn/www/project_nav.html on line 8

Also quite a few like this:
8251	PHP Deprecated:  Function split() is deprecated in
/mozdev/sandbox/php/secure.html(18) : eval()'d code on line 340 Count
which are harder to trace - I started to try and work out if this was
a problem with using eval but failed to find a great answer.
I did spot this:
  $phpcode = file_get_contents($phpPath);
  if (file_exists($phpPath)) eval('?>' . ($phpcode));
in secure.html though which isn't really the right way round and
contributes quite a few of this sort:
440	PHP Warning:
file_get_contents(/usr/local/sandbox/data/helm/htdoc/mycroft/www/contact.php):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
/mozdev/sandbox/php/secure.html on line 16
(though I have no idea where that's coming from...)

I'd be happy to do the work but that naturally requires more permissions...
Or let me know what the best way to go about it is.
I've had success with a couple of project owners to eradicate some of
the most frequent errors / warnings but the error log would be more
useful if we could clear out some more.
And it wouldn't fill up the disk space either...

Charles

On 21 September 2011 20:03, Brian King <briks.si at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mic. I'll see if I can get someone to look into the remaining issues.
>
> - Brian
>
> On Sep 21, 2011, at 8:40 PM, Michael Dosser <mic at strg.at> wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>>> No, we are updating some of our software stack so many of the services will be affected.
>>>
>>> When we come back up, I would ask everyone to be on the look out for regressions and report as soon as possible.
>>
>> we are back online with new software. Here are the major changes:
>>
>> - FreeBSD 7.2 -> 8.2 (All packages were rebuilt!)
>> - PHP 5.2.12 -> 5.3.8
>> - Amavisd 2.6.2 -> 2.7.0
>> - Mailman 2.1.12 -> 2.1.14
>> - Mercurial 1.1.2 -> 1.9.1
>> - Nginx 0.7.62 -> 1.0.6
>> - Perl 5.8.9 -> 5.12.4
>> - Postfix 2.5.6 -> 2.8.5
>>
>> Still open is the transition from self-installed Bugzilla to a ports-maintained installation. This will be accomplished tomorrow.
>>
>> The troubles I have seen so far are:
>>
>> 1.) Create projects
>>
>> The cronjob command: "/usr/local/bin/php /sandbox/php/scripts/create_projects.php" exits with signal 11 as user "projcreate":
>>
>> PHP Deprecated:  Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /mozdev/sandbox/php/include/globals.h on line 95
>> PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /mozdev/sandbox/php/pear/Log.php on line 168
>> [unknown]
>> Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /mozdev/sandbox/php/pear/Log.php on line 168
>> Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)
>>
>> 2.) Mercurial hgweb
>>
>> http://hg.mozdev.org is broken
>>
>> Maybe someone can look into those ...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mic
>>
>> --
>> strg.at gmbh  michael.dosser at strg.at
>>       peter-jordan-strasse 21, top 3, 1190 wien
>>       tel +43 (1) 526 56 29  mobile +43 699 1 7777 164

Charles Caygill
Mycroft Project Owner
http://mycroft.mozdev.org