[Project_owners] [URGENT] Action required: mozdev security flaw

Robert Kaiser KaiRo at KaiRo.at
Wed Sep 29 04:32:12 PDT 2010

Jesper Staun Hansen schrieb:
> How is this even becoming a problem? Apache on a linux/BSD (I dont remember
> what we're running) offers great security if configured.

I guess that the particular setup of automated PHP stuff on mozdev must
have some problem. Neither the operating system nor PHP by itself are
security risks, or else they would not both be in use in highly
attack-prone setups. I guess the particular code mozdev uses for
automating a number of things has a problem and would need a security
audit, which is not so easy when you have a resource shortage like this
project does.

Robert Kaiser