[Project_owners] php Issues

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 10:32:31 PDT 2010

Pete,

I just copied what I had put into the .php.html file in order to get
things working with the redirect and all. Now both GET and POST to the
.php URL seem to work.

I don't know why this is needed if all is essentially back to the way it
was originally. Before all this began, both GET and POST worked as expected.

I am thinking that somewhere, there is still redirection going on for
the GET so this code introduced into the .php.html:

if(strcmp($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'], "GET") == 0)
{
   // get the request query bits
   if (strpos($_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"], "?")) {
     $QueryString = explode("?", $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]);
     $QueryArray = explode("&", $QueryString[1]);
     foreach ($QueryArray as $QueryItem) {
       $QuerySegment = explode("=", $QueryItem, 2);
       $_GET[$QuerySegment[0]] = urldecode($QuerySegment[1]);
     }
   }

   // get input parameters
   $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_GET["test"];
   $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_GET["emailAddress"];
   $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_GET["accessKey"];
}
else
{
   $DEBUG_ENABLED = $_REQUEST["test"];
   $EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_REQUEST["emailAddress"];
   $THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_REQUEST["accessKey"];
}

in place of the simpler:

$DEBUG_ENABLED = $_REQUEST["test"];
$EMAIL_ADDRESS = $_REQUEST["emailAddress"];
$THUNDERPLUNGER_ID = $_REQUEST["accessKey"];

Is still needed. I have no idea why or if this is what you intend.

But if things are going to stay this way, I can leave my addon as it was
and can remove the update I created yesterday. Please advise.

Thanks for all your time and effort in all of this.

David