[Project_owners] php Issues

David White whitedavidp at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 15:01:25 PDT 2010

Thanks Pete - The project is ThunderPlunger.

I have just finished putting together a new release which incorporates
the change from POST to GET and uploaded it to addons.mozilla.org. Once
this gets reviewed and approved, I assume that most users will find and
install the update automatically.

I have also updated the addon's home page on Mozdev to tell them that
they must either add .html to the URL for this function (located in the
addon's options) or choose the mirror host for this function. Both of
these changes are passive and rely upon the user to recognize that
something is awry and check the addon's home page or email me.

So if it is possible to permit .php as it originally was on this project
without any significant security risk, that would be great! I have no
idea how long the update will take to get reviewed/approved nor how long
it will take for users to get their updates installed. I can let you
know when the approval makes the update available and then maybe we can
leave it for another 2 weeks after that to permit ample time for the
update to get distributed.

But I don't want to make more work than I already have for you folks nor
do I want to exacerbate any security risks. So just let me know what you
decide and I will take whatever other appropriate steps are required.

David