[Project_owners] Moving source from CVS

Eric H. Jung grimholtz at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 08:47:28 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Pete Collins <pete at mozdevgroup.com> wrote:

> Historically Mozdev has mirrored the tools mozilla.org uses.
>
> Which makes the most sense since the purpose of Mozdev is Mozilla based
> development.

But this is a community site, now, and if the community wants to use
something different from Mozilla, so be it. However, I doubt there is anyone
(except Doug, who isn't working for mozdev.org anymore) who has the
technical expertise to "swap out" CVS for SVN/git/something else. So all
this talk of switching is just great, but even if we come to consensus, I'm
betting nothing will happen. It will take a PHP developer a very long time
to come learn the mozdev.org internals enough such that he/she can "swap
out" CVS.

Eric