[Project_owners] Is waiting for the download mirrors update lag still needed?

Paolo Amadini paolo.01.prg at amadzone.org
Sun Mar 7 06:08:05 PST 2010

Hello,

I once read that, after publishing a file in the "downloads" folder,
extension authors should wait at least four hours before linking to
the new file, in order for all the mirrors to be updated. I also
verified problems if I tried to download the new file earlier.

Is this still the case? I remember that I read about an improvement
in the mirrors system that checked the availability of the file
before selecting the mirror, but I'm not sure if this actually
removes the need of waiting for four hours.

Thanks,
Paolo