[Project_owners] Mailing list subscriptions

Gareth Hunt gareth-hunt at rocketmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:09:42 PST 2010

You can also add a regular expression to the ban_list (https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/admin/[list name]/privacy/subscribing/ban_list):

This should work:

From: Myk Melez <myk at mozilla.org>
To: Mozdev Project Owners List <project_owners at mozdev.org>
Sent: Mon, January 11, 2010 8:12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Project_owners] Mailing list subscriptions

  On 01/11/2010 12:34 AM, Onno Ekker wrote:

Since yesterday I see a lot of users from @zeusmail.org subscribing to
>my projects mailing lists. Do other project owners also see this, or am
>I the only one?
Yes, my forumzilla and forumzilla-announce lists are both seeing a
number of subscriptions from that domain.

Does anyone know what zeusmail.org is? Their website doesn't give too
>much information: "It works!" is all there is.
I don't know what they are, but googling for zeusmail.org reveals that
many other lists around the web are experiencing this problem. It's
probably spam-related, although it's not yet clear what the angle is.

I'm a bit afraid those addresses will be used for spamming. Is it
>possible to moderate new e-mail addresses by default?
You can require approval for new subscribers on the "Privacy options
> Subscribing" admin page:

https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/admin/[list name]/privacy/subscribing

And you can enable moderation of posts by new subscribers on the
"Privacy options > Sender Filters" page:

https://www.mozdev.org/mailman/admin/[list name]/privacy/sender