[Project_owners] Mozdev - Participation or Bust

Philip Chee philip at aleytys.pc.my
Thu Apr 8 03:39:33 PDT 2010

On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:49:30 -0300, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

> anirvana mishra wrote:
>> I have experience in forum administration.Probably we can try phpbb,
>> that's easier to understand and modify.
>
> MyBB has a *REAL*, quite powerful, plugin subsystem.

***Barriers to Entry***
What is the mind-share of PHPbb vs MyBB (I've never heard of MyBB) I bet
more people have experience using, moderating, or even administrating a
PHPbb forum. PHPbb itself has an extemely active user/developer
community in case you need to refer to someone for help or advice.

But this is getting ahead of ourselves. If Mozdev dies, this point is
moot (and I don't mean in the 4chan sense).

Phil