[Project_owners] Mozdev - Participation or Bust

Myk Melez myk at mozilla.org
Wed Apr 7 11:23:14 PDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 08:21 AM, David Boswell wrote:
> * A few months ago we had a surge of interest in volunteering and then
> nothing happened.  Even if we've identified several people who want to
> help there needs to be an active group dealing with the site or the
> board will be faced with shutting things down.
This is the key. So far lots of people have volunteered to help, but no
one has stepped up to own/drive/manage/cajole/cat herd. Unless someone
has the passion, energy, and commitment to figure out what needs to get
done and make sure it happens, all the volunteer technical assistance in
the world will not keep the site humming.

-myk