[Project_owners] Mozdev Organizational Changes

David Boswell davidwboswell at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 10:09:51 PDT 2009

> What exactly is the Mozdev boards motivation (reason/s) for
> abandoning ship?  Is this a money issues?

Most of the mozdev board has been involved with mozdev for many years -- several of us have been involved for all 9 years.  If we are abandoning ship, it is a _very_ slowly sinking ship.

As Brian said earlier, it's simply time for some fresh faces -- people with new ideas and new energy.

> Will Mozilla stop supporting (hello money) the
> site/organization?

The Mozilla Foundation has been very generous in the past and there's certainly a possibility for future funding -- but not without a clear plan.

As Brian said earlier, we don't feel that hosting is a problem in the community as it once was so the way forward is unclear.  A new community council will hopefully bring some new ideas into the process of figuring out a path forward.

> What are your predictions for the future for Mozdev?

It could be a range of things -- the site and community could grow and thrive or it could slowly wind down as people go to other sites and tools.  Personally I think the site should remain as a historical record even if people weren't actively using it any more.

David