[Project_owners] Create Tag/Branch using CVS

Joachim Herb Joachim.Herb at gmx.de
Mon Oct 26 04:26:31 PDT 2009

Hello,

whenever I try to create a tag or a branch using CVS (from within
Eclipse) I get an error message that I am not allowed to touch the
directories (itself):

The server reported an error while performing the "cvs tag" command.
   customizeHeaderToolbar: cvs tag: User 'joachim.herb' cannot access
src/chrome
   customizeHeaderToolbar: cvs tag: User 'joachim.herb' cannot access
src/chrome/CustomizeHeaderToolbar
   customizeHeaderToolbar: cvs [tag aborted]: correct the above errors
first!

What I could do would be to tag the files.

Is this a bug or a feature? Any workarounds (besides using e.g. the
command line or TortoiseCVS and not Eclipse)?

Joachim