[Project_owners] Question about Extension

Eric Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 21:09:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:52 PM, Eric Jung <eric.jung at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Jesper Hansen mentioned an important point which we should consider. Some
> projects on mozdev only release their source code with an open-source
> license. Their website, documentation, graphics, name, logo, etc. aren't
> freely redistributable. Does this mean those projects don't apply to the
> adoption policy?

Nevermind. #5 in that link already addresses it:

The new project owner must read the mozdev copyright policy at
http://www.mozdev.org/copyright.html. He should understand that certain
project pages and materials may not be eligible for adoption because they
are not open-source licensed. mozdev has no power to assign or reassign any
copyrights.