[Project_owners] Question about Extension

Eric Jung eric.jung at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 20:52:59 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Philip Chee <philip at aleytys.pc.my> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:58:24 -0400, Eric Jung wrote:
>
> > The policy is here:
> > http://www.mozdev.org/projects/adoption.html

Jesper Hansen mentioned an important point which we should consider. Some
projects on mozdev only release their source code with an open-source
license. Their website, documentation, graphics, name, logo, etc. aren't
freely redistributable. Does this mean those projects don't apply to the
adoption policy?

> > Note this is only for the mozdev side of things. It doesn't handle
> adoption
> > of the AMO side of things. I don't think AMO has an adoption policy
> > currently. I'll look into that for you.
>
> I recently asked hijax about this (there is an open bug actually[1]) but
> the answer seems to be "it's still up in the air".
>
> By the way, will AMO recognize a mozdev project takeover/adoption if the
> extension is a mozdev project but also hosted on AMO? It would be silly
> if two different people took over an extension, one on AMO and another
> one on mozdev.

There is no such recognition, and yes, that would be silly. Could you raise
it in the bug you mention?