[Project_owners] Download link for Thunderbird add-on

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:41:22 PDT 2009

Hello!

What I would like is that the developer links on the TB extensions page
would not constantly link back to Firefox pages. Unfortunately the
Firefox extensions are way to prominent within the TB area, which is
kind of unfair as there are way more Firefox users...

Are the Firefox extensions downloaded on the FX pages also counted for
the TB count or are these separate counts?

Also, on the statistics pages for TB extensions there are (by default)
FX events - no TB events? I mean to see the TB beta release dates (and
how they correlate with downloads) would be really nice. Another thing
with the statistics is they do not remember the graphs if you change the
period of time (e.g. when comparing versions).

just a few notes,
  Axel
> Hello,
>
> I have published two add-ons for Thunderbird. If you click on a link
> pointing to the download address in Firefox, it tries to install the
> add-on. How can I avoid this? It would be much better if the usual
> download dialog opens.
>
> Example: http://compactheader.mozdev.org/installation.html pointing to
> http://downloads.mozdev.org/compactheader/CompactHeader-0.7.3.xpi
>
> Thank you
> Joachim

==================================
Axel Grude
Senior Software Developer
GenBase Solutions Ltd
Registered in Ireland, No. 317957
Registered address:  Parkmore Business Park West, Galway.
www.genbase.ie
phone: 091 746 965

sig: try <http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/>  *firefox*. it supports www standards better!

disclaimer: personal opinion, not my employer's