[Project_owners] bug in drupal

Doug Warner doug at mozdev.org
Tue Nov 17 10:46:38 PST 2009

On 11/17/2009 01:12 PM, Axel wrote:
> The problem with the CVS password is that I do  not know it :-) My
> TortoiseCVS does...
>
> I do not know how to retrieve it from there, so the solution seems to be
> "If it ain't broken, don't fix it"
>
> Why is it not possible to view an existing password online over a secure
> connection - that would be the best solution IMHO.

Because most organizations never keep your password.  They hash it to
something else so even the organization doesn't know it (plausible
deniability).  I'm sure you can retrieve it from TortoiseCVS somehow (it has
to have it in plaintext or some reverse-hashable function to commit your
stuff) or you can reset your password and then update TortoiseCVS when it
prompts you next time.

-Doug

--
Doug Warner    <doug at mozdev.org>        Site Developer