[Project_owners] bug in drupal

Axel axel.grude at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 10:12:51 PST 2009

The problem with the CVS password is that I do  not know it :-) My
TortoiseCVS does...

I do not know how to retrieve it from there, so the solution seems to be
"If it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Why is it not possible to view an existing password online over a secure
connection - that would be the best solution IMHO.

> On 11/17/2009 10:33 AM, Axel wrote:
>
>> For me it is not possible to change my password when I am logged in as
>> administrator -following the reset password link from an email, the page
>> says I should change my password but all I can enter is this:
>>

> Password editing is disabled because it uses your Mozdev CVS password.  You
> can change/reset your CVS password here:
>
> https://www.mozdev.org/profile/change_password.html
>

>> (I used
>> my email address when creating the mozdev account, God knows what
>> happens if I delete that).
>>

> If you end up accidentally deleting your Drupal account it will be recreated
> with the correct permissions; you can't uncheck your project owner/contributor
> status on your Drupal user as these are synced with our permissions for each
> project.
>

>> The other problem is that I can not log in to the administration
>> accounts without using the reset password link (all my passwords say I
>> have no rights to edit the user's emails). Once I follow the password
>> reset process I can edit them and approve new members for my forum.
>>
>> This definitely is a reproducible bug, and should really be fixed.
>> Unfortunately I can not help as I don't know php :-(
>>

> You need to log in to Drupal with your Mozdev CVS user account and password;
> if that's not working for you we need to get that working first.  I imagine
> the "reset password" link is just giving your a temporary login which expires
> with your session.

I think that is what happens - it is just confusing as it explicitely
tells me to set a new password, which, as you pointed out, is
impossible. So until I find out my CVS password, I can use this as a
workaround :)

Or I reset my CVS password and then hopefully find the option in
TortoiseCVS to enter a new one ... just not today...

thx
Axel