[Project_owners] bug in drupal

Doug Warner doug at mozdev.org
Tue Nov 17 09:14:21 PST 2009

On 11/17/2009 10:33 AM, Axel wrote:
> For me it is not possible to change my password when I am logged in as
> administrator -following the reset password link from an email, the page
> says I should change my password but all I can enter is this:

Password editing is disabled because it uses your Mozdev CVS password.  You
can change/reset your CVS password here:

https://www.mozdev.org/profile/change_password.html

> (I used
> my email address when creating the mozdev account, God knows what
> happens if I delete that).

If you end up accidentally deleting your Drupal account it will be recreated
with the correct permissions; you can't uncheck your project owner/contributor
status on your Drupal user as these are synced with our permissions for each
project.

> The other problem is that I can not log in to the administration
> accounts without using the reset password link (all my passwords say I
> have no rights to edit the user's emails). Once I follow the password
> reset process I can edit them and approve new members for my forum.
>
> This definitely is a reproducible bug, and should really be fixed.
> Unfortunately I can not help as I don't know php :-(

You need to log in to Drupal with your Mozdev CVS user account and password;
if that's not working for you we need to get that working first.  I imagine
the "reset password" link is just giving your a temporary login which expires
with your session.

-Doug

--
Doug Warner    <doug at mozdev.org>        Site Developer